Search This Blog

For the people of Wallingford...

For the People of Wallingford - It's your town; get informed, get involved

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thoughts, input–my letter to the editor, as published in the Record Journal


Editor: I wanted to thank everyone who came out to vote on Election Day, first and foremost. Whether you supported me or not, you decided it was important enough to invest the time to come out and be part of the process — and it is very important. I want to thank everyone who offered their encouragement, support and who gave me their vote.

Those votes I received, 5,537 in all, landed me in the #2 spot within my party, just 31 votes behind #1 John Sullivan and 5th out of all 12 who ran for seats on the council.

Those votes were based entirely on faith and goodwill, as I have no formal prior record of service to the Town of Wallingford. I will spend the next few weeks further preparing to take office and serve the town and all her people to the best of my ability – just as I had promised prior as part of my campaign.

I want to offer up as much information, communication and transparency as time and money permit. I will continue writing on my two Wallingford centric blogs. Wallingford Politico will remain a source of “news and information” with limited editorial commentary and “Jason Zandri for Wallingford Town Council” will become “Jason Zandri Wallingford Town Councilor,” where I will interject more of my thoughts and opinions into much of what is going on, politically and otherwise, in our town.

I cannot serve effectively without your thoughts and input. Let me know when I am on the mark and call me out when I need it. Help keep me honest and grounded. My first pledge, as your Wallingford Town Councilor (elect), will be to work hard enough to have earned each of those votes I received in advance this past November 8th. Thank you, again.

JASON ZANDRI, WALLINGFORD

1 comment:

  1. Jason, I think you will do fine. I don't think you do anything to the "best of your ability" leaders and ambitious people go above and beyond. It's going to be hard work, its going to be dedication, but the people of Wallingford have trust in you.

    ReplyDelete