Search This Blog

For the people of Wallingford...

For the People of Wallingford - It's your town; get informed, get involved

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Thank you Wallingford Voters


I am sitting in Washington Dulles International Airport waiting for my flight to return home after 36 hours of work and then business investment travel. Other than the five hours I slept last night, I have been up since 6AM Tuesday morning and I am looking forward to nap on the flight home and the train ride out of New York.
I wanted to take the free moment to thank all the Wallingford Voters that turned out to re-elect me to my former seat on the Wallingford Town Council. I will continue to say “I wish more people would come out to vote in local elections” not because I don’t appreciate the 31% that always do but more because I would rather see us turn out 50% or more for a local election and put people into office with conviction. 31% isn’t conviction. I still believe there is a line between complacency and indifference and that it is a very thin one.

I want people to be involved. I want their interaction at the meetings. I want their messages. I want them engaged. I hope to encourage that over the next two years and as part of my second term as your Councilor.
Regardless of the above; I do appreciate the support from the voters and I am honored to serve.

The POLITICS is now over Wallingford; time to be the statesmen we were elected to be and serve the public that entrusted us with their vote. 

See you in January.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. You are a man for the people of Wallingford. Congratulations, Jason. Go forward and help out town move forward in a positive direction.

    ReplyDelete