Search This Blog

For the people of Wallingford...

For the People of Wallingford - It's your town; get informed, get involved

Monday, April 2, 2012

Quick notes on the 2012–2013 budget–from a voicemail left to me by Mayor Dickinson

Mayor Dickinson left me a voicemail regarding the highlights of the budget and I am sure the Record Journal is going to be on this as well:

The new Wallingford Budget will be 145 Million dollars – over all that is up 2.59%

General government (everything outside of the Education budget) is going up a little more than $889,000.00

The Board of Education asked for a 3.91% increase and they got 3.2% or basically $2,781,000.00. Something was cut but I am not sure what that was.

What this means for most people with an assumed median tax assessment of $191,000.00 of property is that you’re taxes will go up about $145.00 in total.

If you own less, it will go up less'; if you own more then your new bill will be higher still.

This is all I have from the 5:23 train to New Haven – I’ll get you more as I have time to look it over and offer my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment