Search This Blog

For the people of Wallingford...

For the People of Wallingford - It's your town; get informed, get involved

Monday, April 2, 2012

Mayor Dickinson will be holding a meeting to release his proposed budget in the Mayor's Conference Room at 3:30 P.M. this afternoon, Monday, April 2, 2012.

I just got the following email from the Town Council Secretary at 9:30AM Monday morning (this morning):
> The Mayor's Office just telephoned me to say that regarding the FY
> 2012-2013 Town of Wallingford budget, the Mayor will be holding a
> meeting to release his proposed budget in the Mayor's Conference Room at
> 3:30 P.M. this afternoon, Monday, April 2, 2012.

My response was as follows (at around 10AM when I read the email):

Hi Sandy,

Please note that I will be unable to attend; a five hour advanced notice is not enough to allow me to schedule time off from work even if I worked in town. To request time from work to try to attend to meetings, sessions and events requires a little more lead time than this.

Due to this situation I will not be able to attend the press conference. I will plan to have someone pick up the budget materials for me sometime tomorrow.

Thank you for the notification; I hope that in the future a little more planning could be made to accommodate people that wish to be at meetings such as these that work from "9 to 5."

Please forward my concerns to the Mayor's office and I will try to phone later today as I am able to communicate the same.


Thank you
Jason Zandri



It is unfortunate that there is so little communication and schedule planning that something as important as this is dropped on the Council and the public like a sneak attack. I am sure there is little to say and to do at a press conference for the general public or even the Council but a maximum of six hours forewarning is the wrong way to go about it in my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment