Search This Blog

For the people of Wallingford...

For the People of Wallingford - It's your town; get informed, get involved

Monday, April 2, 2012

So how much traffic shows demand?

image

Above is the tracking information from hits to my Town Council blog from Monday’s two posts and all the referring URLs as of 8PM EDT (and a few older ones).

The difference between “page views” and “unique visits” is that in theory, with page views, I can just hammer at the site on my own and drive up the traffic.

I don’t need to do this and I assure you that I am not. I can’t say that no one else is but it is not me.

Now, when you look at the referring URLs and the referring sites it helps; it shows that people are jumping off of Facebook and Networked Blogs to refer back to the posted articles.

image

So I am going to post the budget (courtesy of the Record Journal at this point but I am told that the town is going to do this as well.)

I am not going to hit the page after I post it but I am going to see how many people jump from my page to the PDF file.

No comments:

Post a Comment